Pages

header2

Image Map

adsense

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ABC's of LOVE - K

In the wake of Friday's horrendous tragedy I have joined several other bloggers to spread JOY and HOPE through 26 random acts of KINDNESS - just as there are 26 letters in the alphabet and 26 new angels in heaven, we can choose to show love in 26 creative ways.  Our hearts and prayers are with all of the families.  Like so many others, I have no words.  I have cried, hugged my own children even tighter and prayed for all those that are dealing with grief.  Those precious children and heroic women - I pray that the Lord will be with their families.

My letter is K - Kiss each family member an extra time each day - 


It's not hard to lose count of kisses - especially in an affectionate home!  I couldn't tell you how many hundreds I give my kids a day!!!  You can bet that I'll always be ready to kiss each one an extra time!  I read an interesting quote the other day and wanted to share it with you:
What a great reminder of how important physical touch is to the development of our children!

Let's all choose to give a few more "xoxo" to our loved ones!

Here are some ideas:
1.  Use a fabric marker to simply draw "xoxo" on the inside of your child's long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt!!!  They won't have to worry about someone at school teasing them, but they can easily "sneak a peek" to be reminded of their mother's love!

2.  Use decorative embroidery thread to add an "xoxo" design at the bottom of a dress for your daughter!

3.  Leave a post-it note with "xoxo" in the pocket of your husband's favorite jacket!

4.  When you get out of the shower, draw "xoxo" in the steamed mirror and the next time someone washes up, they will see the message reappear!

Please take a few minutes and visit these other participating bloggers and share with us how you choose to be a light to your family and those that surround you! <3

250px button
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sewing Mama RaeAnna
 sewastraightline


Be the good!

4 comments:

  1. What a great and uplifting post Rae Anna! I need to kiss my kids & hubby more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RaeAnna, I love all of your ideas. I subscribe to the "You can never have too many kisses" theory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the ideas to add "kisses" in subtle ways.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...